I was thinking the other day that even though this group has over 350 members, there's not rly much activity going on... So, I kind of started to think that maybe... MMDEyeCandy should have some kind of competition similar to the MMDMall?
What I'm thinking about is essentially a "retexturing" type of contest. I choose a model (that can be edited freely according to the model makers rules ofc) and then it's up to the participants to retexture the model. Like changing the textures of everything from the hair to the skin, clothing, eyes etc. Also spa/sph files can be changed, and toons as well... but with NO other editing of any kind. (That is, no resizing, changing or importing of parts). It should all be about the textures, as this is a texture group after all.
Firstly, is anyone interested in this kind of competition?
and... if "yes", please give me your opinions on the following issues:
1) How often should the competition be held? (Once a month? Once every 2 weeks?) I realise it takes much less time to retexture a model then it would take to fully edit it...
2) Should the participants ONLY be able to change the texture files, or should some other "minor" editing be allowed? (Such as changing format to PMX, adding colored edge lines etc)
3) How should the judging be done? (I'm a premium member so I can make polls... just in case)
4) Should there be some kind of price for the winner, and if "yes" then what?
5) How many entries should a participant be able to make? (Only one or as many as they like?)
Other thoughts/suggestions are also welcome! I'm interested to hear what you have to say about this